VEGGIE POTATO WITH SHRIMPSaturday, November 14, 2015
2lb. of Idaho potato
½ lb. of medium size shrimp
1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
1 orange bell pepper (chopped
3 large carrot (chopped)
2 habanero (chopped)
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
¼ teaspoon of black pepper
¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
1 medium size onion (sliced)
¼ cup of canola oil (your choice of oil)
1 maggi/bouillon cube
1. Peel potato, cut and rinse
2. Pour potato into the sauce pan and add water to the same level, add salt to taste, small piece of onion, cover and cook until done/ready ( check during cooking incase it need more salt/ water)
3. Combine chopped orange and yellow bell pepper,habanero, carrot and set aside.
4. Clean the shrimp and set aside
5. When the potato is done/ready pour in a sieve; drain off the water, cover and set aside
6. Put a clean sauce pan on the stove, pour oil in the pot and onion and allow to turn translucent. Add the chopped pepper, carrot, maggi, salt, stir and taste and allow to fry for 2 minutes; add shrimp and stir altogether gently, taste and cook together for 5 minutes or until the shrimp is done.
7. Add ¼ cup of water to the vegetable and shrimp mixture and allow to boil together. Pour the cooked potatoes into the vegetable and shrimp mixture and toss gently or fold together with a spatula and taste. Reduce the stove to medium-low heat and allow to cook together between 3-5 minutes.
8. Serve, dig in and enjoy